Saturday, February 1, 2014

We Are Back to Battling Cancer

{Image Via}
In November, we received some dreadful news found, a lymph node in Jace's chest was enlarged. After many tests, the doctors told us that the lymph node was positive for thymoma. We had been keeping the news a little on the DL since we did not want to freak anyone (or ourselves) out until we were sure. Well, the time came and we had to tell everyone the news, "Jace's cancer is back." To say the least our Christmas was great, but we had a looming cloud in the future. Jace had to begin proton radiation therapy in January. So I would be starting my new job while Jace began his radiation, ironic huh? Later on, we found out this would happen on the exact same day.

It has now been one week since Jace started radiation and we have so much hope that he will win this battle. But I would be lying if I said that everything has been positive thoughts. I am pretty sure I have been through some of the stages of grief in the past couple of months, sometimes the anger stage sets in but then I am reminded of the struggles we have had in the past and I am reminded of how lucky we are. So I leave you all with this quote from MD Anderson Hospital, "cancer can take away a lot of things, but never hope."

{Image Via}

1 comment:

  1. We are also hopeful that this is another bump along the road, a road that we hope is long and full of good adventure. Love you two. Here when you need us.

    ReplyDelete