Monday, August 13, 2012

A little ambiguity, good or bad?

Everyone tends to have ambiguity in their life. For me graduate school was a whole lot of ambiguous experiences, but I think they served me to think and be more sure of my decisions and my clinical judgement. But in the past few weeks, I think I have been faced with lots of it, starting a job and Jace's sugery which are both not exactly super awesome. I constantly wondered what is going to happen? Will people be nice? Will we be fine? Yuck, I hate it! But usually do a few things to make it a little better, so here they are:
1. Talking to people who are close to me. I am known to not share  too much with people unless they are very close being, which is weird because in my field we try to encourage people to talk to others (what a weirdoo, right?)
2. A little self talk about how irrational I am being, it usually goes like STOP BEING A WEIRDOO  think about what you are saying everything is going to be fine.
3.Take my mind off of it, maybe by exercising or even watching mindless TV.
But I guess sometimes its easier than other times, do you have any good ways to deal with it?

1 comment:

  1. It's soo hard to share isn't it?! I struggle with that too...I tend to do a lot of self-talk, that helps me.

    ReplyDelete