Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hello from Waco!


From
So we are finally in Waco, Texas. I know what you all must be thinking- "It is not a really fun city." I can definitely say it is no Austin or Houston, but it is a change of scenery and an adventure for me and Jace. I was excited and happy to know that not only did I get to live in a new place but I would also get to start the last step in my graduate school journey, my doctoral internship, YAY!!! For now, we are finally settled and we have a home instead of a bunch of boxes in every single room. For anyone moving, I feel so sorry for you moving is no fun (this is coming from someone who had movers for the big items).

During the past few weeks we also were told when Jace's surgery would be... August 13th in Houston. I said so soon, but in all reality we knew it was coming. I also thought how will I manage a move, a new job, and a husband having major surgery. Well I have taken care of the first two and for now I have truly tried to take a new perspective, worry about what is happening now, everything else will work itself out. I am still planning as much as a can for Jace's recovery, but it is difficult since his recovery is pretty much unknown territory. So for those of you wondering what I am going to do since I have just started a new job, well the veteran affairs healthcare system (VA) is wonderful and I may be able to take some sick leave and/or annual leave even though I have not earned it. Yes people this is definitely the best place to work. Also, they have a program where other employees of the VA can donate leave to you, after hearing this I thought what best place to ask for a little help but blogger land! If any of you are employees or know anyone working in the VA system that would be willing to donate some leave let me know. Jace and I will be eternally grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment